Who is Wai-Jing?
Wai-Jing is the professional pseudonym – and given Chinese name – of Fiona Tsang, a freelance illustrator and graphic designer.
What I do: I draw stories.
Want to commission me to do some custom artwork? Contact me anytime to get started! I’m based in Newcastle, NSW, Australia. I’ve had several international clients, as far afield as the UK and USA; as well as having worked with some wonderful local collaborators. I’m no stranger to writing long emails and chatting on Skype – as long as your idea can reach me, we’ll be right!
Drop me a line – I can create a picture that is worth any thousand of your words!
– winner of Illustrators Australia 9×5 Exhibition 2019 Best Traditional Art
– winner of Telstra ‘Paint a Payphone‘ Competition in the 13-17 age category; art featured as billboards on the sides of public payphones nationwide
– role as Illustration Coordinator and featured artist on ‘Wacky… But True!‘, a children’s educational magazine
– two separate drawings featured as a short-listed candidate – one of which was a winning finalist – in Neverwear’s ‘Cabal‘ Competition, dedicated to the canine companion of renowned author Neil Gaiman; also a short-listed finalist in Mr. Gaiman’s ‘Calendar of Tales’ project
– recurring contributor to ‘Scribble‘, a collection of short comics-based stories compiled by the Graphic Novel Collective (GNC), currently publishing its third volume. Involved in comics-making workshop run by GNC, teaching the local community to illustrate their own stories
– produced illustrations for ‘Some Recollections in Verse’, an autobiographical anthology by local poet Bradley Garrett, in conjunction with Koel Koel Publishing
– one of 25 finalists in the ‘Billy Blue Change Your World Contest’, run by international art forum deviantArt
– creator, writer and artist of Swing Time! comic, an ongoing LGBTQIA-friendly webcomic that takes Shakespeare’s ‘Twelfth Night’ to the 1920’s
– artist and graphic designer on ‘Kohaku Monogatari’, an ongoing webcomic and graphic novel series by writer J.U. Rhodian
– other clients include Artline, Bruges Waffles, BBC Radio 4, Catchfire Press, Hunter Wetlands Centre, Port Cities Review, RSR Partners Japan, Conveyancing Services, University of Newcastle drama department, Hunter Animal Rescue